Building Your Disaster Recovery Center
Structure Tone was commissioned to perform the general construction for the new disaster recovery center for the financial services client in Hong Kong. The project was completed in 10-weeks, which included a data center with separate UPS and battery room. The data center is equipped with all the required critical equipment and built to the highest standards.
The general office consists of two departments one set up for permanent staff and the other as an emergency work area. Two conferences rooms have high-end finishes and are equipped with audio/visual equipment. Lastly, the pantry area allows the staff a place to relax on built in sofas and a separate seating bar.
Details of the Disaster Recovery Center
The scope of work included:
- 18,000sf of office fit-out
- 1,700sf server room with two CRAC units, FM 200 systems, pre-action systems, UPS and PDU units
- 60 permanent desks, four private manager offices and 148 desks for emergency use
- mail room with built in desks and cabinets
- fireproof storage room
- main conference and a smaller meeting room
- pantry area