Construction of a New Hospital Wing
Jersey Shore University Medical Center selected our firm to construct the Northwest Pavilion, and expand the region’s only university hospital. The $300M project includes the LEED Gold certified, six-story pavilion, parking garage and state-of-the-art equipment, as well as the renovation of selected areas within the existing hospital.
The Northwest Pavilion includes:
- an emergency department and trauma center
- 36-bed “shell” floor for future growth
- four-story diagnostic and treatment building
- housing support services
- six surgery suites
- sterile processing department
- four-story lobby/atrium
- kitchen and dining area
- loading dock
- public spaces including a concourse and healing gardens
The new parking garage, built in two phases contains 1605 spaces and features a rooftop heliport for trauma victims and a dedicated ambulance access. A new “loop road” around the parking lot helped organize vehicular traffic on campus.
Renovations to the Existing Hospital
To meet the programmatic needs of the hospital, we renovated and expanded the clinical and outpatient areas, including:
- the emergency department
- ambulatory care center
- electrophysiology procedure rooms
- catheterization suite and laboratory
- addition of MRI, CT scanner, and diagnostic imaging technology
In addition, building circulation on the campus was reorganized to facilitate an on/off stage concept.